Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stared At in Brunei

It is quite uncommon for people to walk along the streets and roads in Brunei.

So when I was pottering around Bandar Seri Bagawan, I would get weird stares. Passing drivers would even take a second look! Sometimes, I just wanna scream, "Keep your eyes on the road!" I definitely don't want to be the cause of an accident.


walking in Brunei


Later, I learned that people in Brunei are classified into three: royalty, working class (which would be the maids or cleaners), and everyone else.

Royalty and everyone else would definitely have their own cars. So if you're walking, more so alone or under the rain (which was my case occasionally), then you belong to the working class.

No wonder. These passersby would be thinking, "What is this pretty woman doing walking in the streets by herself?"



*wink* humor me please?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...